Light a Candle For a Pet
Be a Part of the Awareness Movement
Millions of shelter pets need YOUR help!
Remember Me Thursday is a day to remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives before they found a family by lighting a virtual candle or attending a Remember Me Thursday candle ceremony. By lighting a candle on Thursday, September 25, 2014, we are honoring those lost pets and bringing awareness to the pets in need of forever homes.
Go Social To Help Pets!
Get Social - Spread the Word about Remember Me Thursday. Millions of shelter pets need your help!
- Change your Facebook profile picture to the Remember Me Thursday icon all day, Thursday, September 25, 2014. You can download the icon below
|Small Facebook Profile Image||
Large Facebook Profile Image
- Encourage your friends and family to change their social media icons, too.
- Use #LIGHTFORPETS to share your thoughts and feelings about the importance of pet adoption and encourage others to spread the word about Remember Me Thursday.
Share photos of your pets or candle ceremonies with Helen Woodward Animal Center and you may have your awareness message and photos shared with the world. Connect on any platform:
More Ways to Help Pets on Remember Me Thursday
1. Organize or attend a local pet candle-lighting ceremony
- Check with your local rescue facility to see if they will be participating.
- If they don’t know about the campaign, tell them about it or volunteer to help them!
(See “How Your Organization Can Participate” for an easy step-by-step guide and free downloads.)
2. Light a virtual candle on September 25, 2014, for a pet at the Remember Me Thursday Memorial Candle Gallery.
3. ADOPT A PET!
- Always adopt your pets! Be sure to get pets spayed and neutered!
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same.