Light a Candle For a Pet
Be a Part of the Awareness Movement
Millions of shelter pets need YOUR help!
Remember Me Thursday™ is a day to remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives before they found a family by lighting a virtual candle or attending a Remember Me Thursday candle ceremony. By lighting a candle on Thursday, September 25, 2014, we are honoring those lost pets and bringing awareness to the pets in need of forever homes.
Want a reminder about Remember Me Thursday? Click here to receive a reminder email to light your candle on September 25, 2014.
Use Social Media to Help Pets
Change your social media profile pictures to the Remember Me Thursday™ icon on September 25, 2014. (Click to download)
- Use #LIGHTFORPETS to share your thoughts and feelings about the importance of pet adoption and encourage others to spread the word about Remember Me Thursday™.
- Download and use our social media messaging with important pet adoption stats and information.
- Don’t forget to light a candle! Click here to receive a reminder email on Remember Me Thursday.
- Share Remember Me Thursday™ stats and images!
Stats to Share Before Remember Me Thursday™(click to download)
Facebook Cover Photo
Share photos of your pets or candle ceremonies with Helen Woodward Animal Center and you may have your awareness message and photos shared with the world. Connect on any platform:
More Ways to Help Pets on Remember Me Thursday
- Organize a local pet candle-lighting ceremony
- Check with your local rescue facility to see if they will be participating.
- If they don’t know about the campaign, tell them about it or volunteer to help them!
(See our “Event Planning Guide” for an easy step-by-step guide and free downloads.)
- Attend a candle-lighting ceremony in your area
- If you live in southern California, or near Phoenix, Arizona, attend one of our Remember Me Thursday VIP events!
- Check to see if there is a Remember Me Thursday organization in your community.
- Light a virtual candle to honor adoptable pets on Remember Me Thursday™, September 25, 2014.
- On September 25, anyone and everyone will be able to light a candle on our Remember Me Thursday candle gallery. Until then, remember to share about Remember Me Thursday to help as many pets as possible.
- ADOPT A PET!
- Always adopt your pets! Be sure to get pets spayed and neutered!
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same.