Light a Candle For a Pet
Be a Part of the Awareness Movement
Remember Me Thursday® is a day to remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives before they found a family by lighting a virtual candle or attending a Remember Me Thursday candle ceremony. By lighting a candle on Thursday, September 24, 2015, we are honoring those lost pets and bringing awareness to the pets in need of forever homes.
Want a reminder to light a candle? Sign up to get a candle lighting email reminder today.
Use Social Media to Help Pets
Millions of shelter pets need YOUR help! Change your social media profile pictures to the Remember Me Thursday® icon on September 24, 2015. (Click to download)
- Use #LIGHTFORPETS to share your thoughts and feelings about the importance of pet adoption and encourage others to spread the word about Remember Me Thursday.
- Share Remember Me Thursday images! (click to download)
More Ways to Help Pets on Remember Me Thursday
- Organize a local pet candle-lighting ceremony
- Check with your local rescue facility to see if they will be participating.
- If they don’t know about the campaign, tell them about it or volunteer to help them!
(See our “Event Planning Guide” for an easy step-by-step guide and free downloads.)
- Attend a candle-lighting ceremony in your area
- Check to see if there is a Remember Me Thursday organization in your community.
- Light a virtual candle to honor adoptable pets on Remember Me Thursday®, September 24, 2015.
- ADOPT A PET!
- Always adopt your pets! Be sure to get pets spayed and neutered!
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same.