The 2nd Annual Doggie-Gras & Fat Cat Tuesday Celebration!
Free and Open to the Public
When: Tuesday, March 4, from 11 a.m. to Noon
Where: Helen Woodward Animal Center
Dress your canine in Mardi Gras themed costumes and connect with Center adoptable pets, adopted alumni, and revelers of all ages, breeds and creeds as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
We’ll be parading down “Bour-bone Street” and you can even create your own parade “float” from a spare stroller or wagon!
Purple, green and gold will bedeck and bejewel the event where canine attendees and their families can hang out and sip on “Purr-icanes”, enjoy other refreshments, and party it up in “Cat-on Rouge.” You may even see Helen Woodward Animal Center's sheep and miniature horses "hoofing" their way along the parade route in traditional Barn-ival style!
- Non-alcoholic “Purr-icanes” (for people and pups)
- Crowning of a “Best Dressed Mardi Gras King and Queen” ($10 per entry)
- Best Carnival Caper ($10 per entry)
- Opportunity Drawing Tickets to win great prizes!
- Mardi Gras photos on Bour-bone Street